Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Should I feel Guilty?

After my my last divorce I felt so out of control of the direction my life had gone that all I did was box up everything I owned and left it there for 5 years until I was ready to deal with it. It was like therapy; with every box I went through and every item I either passed on, kept or threw away I delt with a memory or a time frame and threw out the emotional baggage that went with it.
I am finding I am not having that problem now, I am only taking with me what I want and leaving the rest... I was thinking about this the other day; I do not feel devestated that I will not have my kids dad in my life like I once did, I can live with the only contact being the kids. I am not sad or filled with regret, I don't cry when I think of him. I only feel relief that I am away from him and I feel free and lighter now that I am alone.
And being raised by my grandmother who always placed the weight of the world on her own shoulders and showed that example to me, makes me wonder if I should feel guilty because I am not sad about not being with this man who I vowed to love till death do us part....
I have been reading my al-anon book again and damaged crazy man is also a sober alcoholic who is not using program steps and all the things I have been doing are the emotional self-preservation steps to keeping my sanity and joy and I will not feel guilty for it!!

I have more beautiful things to think about than that!



Alcoholism (alcohol dependence) and alcohol abuse are two different forms of problem drinking.
  • Alcoholism is when you have signs of physical addiction to alcohol and continues to drink, despite problems with physical health, mental health, and social, family, or job responsibilities. Alcohol may control your life and relationships.
  • Alcohol abuse is when your drinking leads to problems, but not physical addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment